[3DS] How To Convert 3DS to CIA (Easiest Way!)
^^ Click that link for a better, easier-to-read tutorial. ^^
Converting 3DS to CIA used to be very hard & tedious... Not anymore. With this new tool by Riku from GBAtemp, converting 3DS to CIA is very simple! No more Python scripts, installations, ROM rebuilding... Just 4 files are needed! Launcher.dat, ncchinfo.bin, your 3DS ROM, and a XORPAD file. This won't require any flashcart, but may require a Custom Firmware or downgraded 3DS. Without further ado, let's get started with the tutorial!
Follow this written one or the video to guide you.
1) Download 3DS to CIA Simple Converter program attached to this post. ZIP or RAR. (I used RAR; they're the same thing)
2) Extract it anywhere. Use 7-zip or WinRAR if downloading the RAR archive.
3) Run the .exe program.
4) Click 'Create ncchinfo.bin file' and select your 3DS ROM. Save the 'ncchinfo.bin' file to your SD Card. Don't rename it.
5) Download the 'Launcher.dat' if you're running 4.x firmware. Use ( rxTools https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-rxtools-roxas75-3ds-toolkit-fw-2-0-9-2.382782/ -- Click Link ) if you are running firmware 5.x through 9.2.0. All regions are supported.
6 DS Profile Exploit) Run the Launcher.dat by going to Settings -- Other Settings -- Profile Settings -- Nintendo DS Profile Settings with the DS Profile Exploit installed. If you don't have that installed or don't know how to install it, ( this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gktUgWgvxOM -- Click Link ) will guide you through on how to install the DS Profile Exploit. It's towards the beginning of the video. Don't watch all of it; only the first few minutes will help you install the DS Profile Exploit.
6 rxTools) Do whatever rxTools requires you to do to generate the XORPAD files. I'm not familiar with it, so you won't get much support from me.
7) Eject your SD Card and insert it into your computer.
8) View the files on the SD Card. A file named *game id*.Main.exheader.xorpad should be on there. If it isn't, then the XORPADs were not generated properly.
9) Run the 3DS to CIA exe program once again. Click 'Convert 3DS ROM to CIA' and select your 3DS ROM, the *game id*.Main.exheader.xorpad file, and the output CIA file.
10) Click 'OK' at the final prompt.
11) Wait for the conversion to finish. This would take anywhere from 5 seconds to 5 minutes.
12) Click 'OK' to the messagebox that says "Finished!" and close out of the program.
13) Done! You've successfully made a CIA installation file from your 3DS ROM. Install it using DevMenu, BigBlueMenu, or BigRedMenu.
3DS to CIA Program.zip: http://mkuniverse.grn.cc/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_id=10
3DS to CIA Program.zip (Mirror): https://www.mediafire.com/?6db79jfe7dw6kfk
3DS to CIA Program.rar: http://mkuniverse.grn.cc/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_id=11
3DS to CIA Program.rar (Mirror): https://www.mediafire.com/?on61t68db30s8sg
Launcher.dat (Mirror): https://www.mediafire.com/?35ww9z25ihc6keh
Q: Will this brick by 3DS?
A: This specifically: No. Installing CIA: Probably not, but it's possible. Installing CFW: It's a possibility, but once again, probably not.
Q: Why can't I use rxTools on 4.x?
A: You can, but running the Launcher.dat is much simpler.
Q: I have a firmware higher 9.2.0... What should I do?
A: Buy a new 3DS. There's nothing you can do. This will only work on 2.0.0 - 9.2.0. Don't ask in the comments what firmware this'll work on.
Thanks for watching! I hope this helped. Subscribe for more 3DS tutorials and hacking videos. Stay tuned :)